|A Dropped Letter|
|Begin Date :||Unknown|
|End Date :||Unknown|
|ModTools Name :||Underground Market Adventure|
|Roll Levels :||2-11 (but can be avoided with enough Pims)|
|Automatic Benefits :||The Goblin Markets|
|Possible Benefits :||Regal Shirt (Item), Regal Trousers (Item), Stunberries (Item), Goblin Mirror (Item)|
An adventure with a student from a different year in which you can discover a goblin market and gain multiple skill-ups and a goblin mirror. The whole adventure can be done in a single action by the skilled adventurer or even a beginner with some (about 160) pims to spare.
Stage 1. A letter for Louisa
- 1. Throw it away. Doesn't seem important enough.
- 2. Conversation vs 2. Ask around and find where Louisa is.
Success: Expand Interrogation +1 SS, advance to phase 2. Failure: Expand Stress +1
Phase 2. A Little Hint
- 1. Well, you've done your bit. Just leave her alone.
Automatic: Expand Social Skills +1 SS, end adventure.
- 2. Espionage vs 3. Pretend to leave her alone, then try to follow her to the library.
Success: Expand Hide +1, advance to Phase 3a Failure: Relationship with Llarina de Avuel +1, end adventure.
- 3. Persuasion vs 4. Convince her to let you come with her to the library
Success: Expand Debate +1 SS, advance to Phase 3b Failure: Expand Persuasion +1 SS, Composure -1 SS
Phase 3a. Into the Forest
- 1. Give up and go back to the school.
Automatic: Expand Danger Sense +1 SS, end adventure.
- 2. Shout out her name.
Phase 3b. Solving the Mystery Note
All 3b option results advance to Phase 4
- 1. You can probably get some from the Academy infirmary...if you're hurt.
- 2. Botany vs 4. Search the Imperial Reserve near the school.
Success: Expand Poisons +1 SS, Expand Observation +1 SS Failure: Expand Poisons +1 SS, Expand Stress +1
- 3. Research vs 6. With the right Phemes, you might be able to Revise simple blueberries into stunberries.
Success: Expand Elumian +1 SS, inform Stun Failure: Expand Library Knowledge +1 SS, Expand Stress +1
Phase 4. Moretti's Potion Shop
- 1. Ask Morretti about Stunberries.
Automatic: Expand Curiosity +1 SS, advance to phase 5
- 2. Just wash your hands of this whole business and sell the stunberries
Phase 5. Walk to Gallo's mansion
- 1. There's no reason you have to go to the mansion immediately.
Automatic: Expand Patience +1 SS, pause adventure.
- 2. Return the key to Monetti and wash your hands of this adventure
- 3. Passion vs 8 - Convince her to keep going.
Success: Expand Leadership +1 SS, advance to phase 6. Failure: Expand Awareness +1, Expand Stress +1, pause adventure.
Phase 6. Infiltrating the party
- 1. Spend 150 pims on decent clothes and walk in as though you belong.
Automatic: add & inform Regal Shirt & Regal Trousers, lose 150 Pims, advance to phase 7.
- 2. Glamour Methods vs 8. Make yourself look good the magical way.
- 3. With your family connections, you can really just walk in.
(Only if your background is Nobility, Wealthy, and(or?) Descended from Royalty)
Automatic: Expand Etiquette +1 SS, advance to phase 7?
Phase 7. Swiping the painting
- 1. Observation vs 5. Look around a bit.
Success: Temporarily increase Hide +2, choose again Failure: no effect, choose again
- 2. Start a fire.
Automatic: Expand Ethics -1 SS, Expand Manipulation +1 SS, ?
- 3. Hide vs 7. Get out of sight and wait until everyone leaves the party.
Success: Expand Patience +1 SS, Expand Strategy +1 SS, advance to phase 8. Failure: Expand Confidence -1 SS, +10 Pims, end adventure.
Phase 8. Playing Bassetta
- 1. Leave it to Louisa.
Automatic: -10 Pims, advance to phase 9.
- 2. Gambling vs 11 - Play Bassetta.
Success: Expand Character Study +1 SS, Expand Command +1 SS, advance to phase 9. Failure: Expand Schoolyard Education +1 SS, Expand Stress +1, end adventure.
Phase 9. The U.B.M.
- 1. Well, now that you know the location...
Automatic: add & inform Stunberries, advance to phase 10.
- 2. Go with the last Stunberries.
Automatic: no changes, advance to phase 10.
- 3. Try a 50 pim bribe.
Automatic: Expand Negotiate +1 SS, -50 Pims, add & inform Stunberries, end Adventure
Phase 10. The Goblin Mirror of Glamour from the Old Kingdoms
- 1. Try offering the Stunberries for the mirror.
Automatic: Expand Negotiate +1 SS, remove Stunberries, add & inform Goblin Mirror, inform The Goblin Markets, end Adventure
- 2. Try to buy it outright.
Automatic: Expand Negotiate +1 SS, -100 Pims, add & inform Goblin Mirror, inform The Goblin Markets, end Adventure
- 3. Just try to sell the Stunberries.
Automatic: Expand Negotiate +1 SS, gain 125 Pims, remove Stunberries, inform The Goblin Markets, end Adventure
- 4. Come back another time.
Automatic: Expand Patience +1 SS, inform The Goblin Markets
You can come back another day and choose option 1, 2 or 3