|Big Contest at the Hobby Hovel|
|Begin Date :||Unknown|
|End Date :||Unknown|
|ModTools Name :||Battlemace Adventure|
|Roll Levels :||Unknown|
|Automatic Benefits :||Unknown|
|Possible Benefits :||Unknown|
This adventure requires at least 5 actions, and leads to multiple skill-ups and a point of intelligence or luck.
- 1 Stage 1: Big Contest at the Hobby Hovel
- 2 Stage 2: Assembling Your Army
- 3 Stage 3a: The Quest for CogSpring
- 4 Stage 3b: Somebody Start the Training Montage!
- 5 Stage 4a: To Strive Against the Tyrant Cogspring!
- 6 Stage 4b: CogSpring Kidnapped!
- 7 Stage 5a: The Siege of Fort CogSpring
- 8 Stage 5b: Reprisal in the Name of CogSpring
- 9 Stage 6: The Tournament
Stage 1: Big Contest at the Hobby Hovel
- Observation. You don't know much about these games - maybe there's something in the shop that can help you? (roll v. ≤5)
Success: Chance of Success +15%
- Strategy. This is a simple matter. The Knights are more numerous and more maneuverable. Time for a classic hit and fade. (roll v. ?)
Success: expand Planning +1 S?, ?
- Traps. No problem. The Knights just need to distract the Wyrms and lure them into a pincer attack. (roll v. ?)
Success: expand Manipulation +1 S?, ?
- Scouting. Terrain is the solution here. Move the Wyrms into a location they cannot escape from and simply box them in! (roll v. ≤7)
Success: expand Logistics +1 SS
Stage 2: Assembling Your Army
- Revision Methods. These units are so detailed and so numerous, you're going to need some spells to really get the mini's looking how you'd like. (roll v. ?)
Success: expand Cosmetics +1 S?, access Stage 3a
- Persuasion. This is a game, and games are best played with friends. See if you can recruit a painting crew to assist you. (roll v. ?)
Success: expand coordination +1 SS, access Stage 3b
- Metallurgy. You should probably study the figures a bit to get an idea of what kind of materials you are working with. (roll v. ?)
Success: increase Painting +2, choose again
- Painting. You're just going to need to roll up your sleeves and get this done. Your artistic side is itching to get out. (roll v. ?)
Success: expand Cosmetics +1 S?, ?
Stage 3a: The Quest for CogSpring
- Theatre. If you can convince CogSpring that some of his cohorts have come alive, maybe you can get him to return. (roll v. ≤7)
Success: expand Bluff +1 S?, access Stage 4a
- Patience. It's not going to be quick tracking down CogSpring. Do you have what it takes to wait things out? (roll v. ≤19)
Success: Chance of Success +15%, choose again
- Hunting. You hunt it down like you would anything else. Like a pro. (roll v. ≤16)
- Traps. CogSpring is smaller than a mouse. So why not try some form of mousetrap? (roll v. ≤15)
Success: expand Carpentry +1 S?, ?
Stage 3b: Somebody Start the Training Montage!
- Danger Sense. Focus on the moves of your opponent. A cleaver eye should ensure that you can always anticipate his moves. (roll v. ≤14)
Success: expand Character Study +1 SS, expand Demi-Tour +1 SL, go to Stage 4b
- Malice. Strategy??? Pfft. This is war"! (roll v. ≤8)
- Deceit. You units are evenly matched. Your victory must come from subterfuge. (roll v. ≤9)
Stage 4a: To Strive Against the Tyrant Cogspring!
- Library Knowledge. Perhaps a specific tome can help in your efforts. [Temporarily Increase Magical Appraisal +1] (roll v. ≤11)
Success: increase Magical Appraisal +1, choose again
- Bluff. If you can convince the Professor that one of the figures is your familiar, you can likely trick him or her into assisting you. (roll v. ≤15)
Success: expand Acting +1 S?, ?
- Magical Appraisal. How plausible is it that the Tinker Knights could become part of your arsenal? (roll v. ≤12)
Success: expand Revision Methods +1 S?, ?
- Pure Luck. Just start casting things. Surely one of your spells will kickstart these little guys. (roll v. ≤22)
Success: expand Confidence +1 S?, ?
Stage 4b: CogSpring Kidnapped!
- 700 Pims? You have it already!
- (if you do)
- Sleuthing. You'll get CogSpring back soon enough. It's elementary, my dear. (roll v. ≤9)
Success: expand Hunting +1 SS, access Stage 5b
Failure: -1 Temperance SS, pause Adventure
- Awareness. Is the crowd ready for you to rally them around you? (roll v. ≤14)
Success: Temporarily increase Passion +2 SS, choose again
- Passion. No one does this to you. It's time to form a posse. You'll handle this the old-fashioned way. (roll v. ≤10)
Success: Expand Oratory +1 SS, access Stage 5b
Stage 5a: The Siege of Fort CogSpring
- Command. It's time to put your BattleMace generalship to the test. Lead your actual Tinker Knights into a real battle. (roll v. ?)
Success: expand Intelligence +1, conclude Adventure
- Manipulation. Convince CogSpring that you've done the right thing and are just presenting him with his troops to make amends. Then take him down. (roll v. ?)
- Clockwork. You can't directly observe what CogSpring is up to, but your knowledge of intricate machinery should allow you to listen and piece together some of his work. (roll v. ?)
Success: Chance of Success +15%
- Infiltration. Your newly vitalized Tinker Knights will take down CogSprings rebellion from the inside. (roll v. ?)
Stage 5b: Reprisal in the Name of CogSpring
- Observation. It's only a matter of time before Luca does something you can exploit. Ridicule is a powerful tool. (roll v. ≤9)
Success: expand Hunting +1 SS, access stage 6
- Character Study. What manner of approach seems like it would be most effective on a boy like Luca? (roll v. ≤10)
Success: temporarily increase Character +2, choose again
- Practical Jokes. Luca surely believes he is safe in his home. This doesn't need to always be true. (roll v. ≤10)
- Character. Normally you would expect Luca's parents to take his side, but you are such an upstanding young student, how could they not believe you? (roll v. ≤10)
Success: expand Composure +1 SS, access Stage 6
Failure: -1 Persuasion SS, pause Adventure
Stage 6: The Tournament
- Observation. Does your opponent have any tells that might lead you to victory? (roll v. ≤10)
Success: unlock Lip Reading option, choose again
- Planning. You've been watching Ferdinand play off and on between your own games all day. You've been thinking about how to bring him down. (roll v. ~14)
Success: Chance of success +15%, choose again
Failure: -1 Composure SS, choose again
- Intimidation. Your persona off the board can be just as much a weapon as anything wielded by your Tinker Knights. (roll v. 8)
Success: expand Confidence +1 SL, expand Fitness +1, Gain Gold Cogspring Statuette, conclude Adventure
Failure: expand Intimidation +1 S?, pause Adventure
- Logistics. Proper movement is key to victory. Mobility and progression will win the day. (roll v. 14)
Success: expand Strategy +1 SL, expand Intelligence +1, Gain Gold Cogspring Statuette, conclude Adventure
Failure: +1 Stress, pause Adventure
- Lip Reading. Mumbling your strategy to yourself is a bad plan when you're facing off against a lip reader. (roll v. ≤8)
Success: expand Observation +1 SL, expand Insight +1, Gain Gold Cogspring Statuette, conclude Adventure
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.