|In Professor Storey's Sights|
|Prerequisites :||Morvidus College, Practical Jokes >= 2|
|Begin Date :||Unknown|
|End Date :||Unknown|
|ModTools Name :||Lizard Taming|
|Roll Levels :||0-6|
|Automatic Benefits :||Unknown|
|Possible Benefits :||Unknown|
To be added
This is an adventure for students of Morvidus college in which Professor Storey wants you to train a lizard. A not-very-nice one. I’m sure it’ll go splendidly! (It actually does.)
The adventure takes at least ? sessions, a successful adventure can gain [multiple skill-ups, relationship gains, loot, ability points, a world of pain]
Unlocked by: Practical Jokes 2 or more AND being in college Morvidus
- 1 Stage 1: In Professor Storey's Sights
- 2 Stage 2: An Appointment with the Hunter
Stage 1: In Professor Storey's Sights
- 1. Accept the challenge. You'd rather stick your head in a muck swamp than spend more time in detention.
Automatic: +1 Curiosity SS, access to Stage 2
- 2. Running errands for Professor Storey versus a lifetime of detention? You'll take detention.
Automatic: +1 Character SS, -5 Merit, Reprimand, end adventure
Stage 2: An Appointment with the Hunter
- 1. Come back another time.
Automatic: +1 Temperance SS, -1 Relationship with Oliver Storey, pause adventure.
- 2. Social Skills. Try to pin him down to a specific time and place. (Roll v. 4)
Success: +1 Etiquette SS, advance to Phase 2. Failure: -1 Persuasion SS, pause adventure.
- 3. Persuasion. Pin him down. (Roll v. 4)
Success: +1 Confidence SS, advance to Phase 2. Failure: -1 Persuasion SS, pause adventure.
Phase 2: Meeting the Lizard
- 1. Courage. Stand tall! (Roll v. 4)
Phase 3: Lines of Study
- 1. Scouting. Look around for an easy way in. (Roll v. 6)
Success: +1 Pure Luck SS, advance to Phase 4. Failure: -1 Vitality, advance to Phase 4.
Phase 4: At the Stacks
- 1. Try the Magic section.
Automatic: +1 Theory of Enchantment SL, advance to Phase 5.
- 2. Try the History section.
Automatic: +1 The History of Magic SL, advance to Phase 5.
- 3. Try the Anatomy Section.
Automatic: +1 Theory of Enchantment SS, choose again
Phase 5: Wolftouch
- 1. Running. You have to get to Chorda Heath the old-fashioned way. (Roll v. 8)
Success: +1 Endurance SL, advance phase 6. Failure: +1 Willpower SS, -1 Vitality, advance to Phase 6.
- 3. Being seen using Gates magic could get you expelled or killed, but it's your best chance. Teleport. (prerequisite: Gates > 0)
Automatic: +1 Courage SL, +1 Gates Method SL, +1 Stress, advance to Phase 6.
Phase 6: Lockbreaking and the Lizard
- 1. Negation Methods. Undo the enchantment magically. (Roll v. 10)
Success: +1 Lockpick SL, advance to Phase 7. Failure: +1 Stress, advance to Phase 7.
- 2. Concentration. Take a deep breath and calm your nerves. (Roll v. 6)
Success: +25 temporary Chance of Success, choose again. Failure: choose again.
- 3. Lockpick. The focal point of the enchantment is likely to be on the actual lock. Opening that lock mechanically could disarm the magic. (Roll v. 9)
Success: +1 Confidence SL, advance to Phase 7. Failure: +1 Stress, advance to Phase 7.
Phase 7: Whispering
- 1. Thank him as you go.
Automatic: +1 Character SS, advance to Phase 8.
- 2. Diplomacy. Ask Wrynt for a scale. (Roll v. 6)
Success: add & inform Wrynt's Scale, advance to Phase 8. Failure: +1 Stress, advance to Phase 8.
Phase 8: Wolf and Snow
- 1. Revision. Just shift the ground under the werewolf, and send it rolling down the mountain. (Roll v. 6)
Success: +1 Intelligence, +1 Confidence SL, +2 Relationship with Vettor Conta, advance to Phase 9. Failure: +1 Luck, +2 Relationship with Vettor Conta, -1 Composure SS, advance to Phase 9.
- 2. Withdraw. You just won the fight. (unlocked by option 4)
Automatic: +1 Intelligence, +1 Relationship with Vettor Conta, advance to Phase 9.
- 3. Incantation. You imagine that werewolves, like most creatures, are afraid of being burned - especially because they are so hairy and flammable. (Roll v. 6)
Success: +1 Finesse, +1 Phemes SL, +2 Relationship with Vettor Conta, advance to Phase 9. Failure: +1 Luck, +2 Relationship with Vettor Conta, advance to Phase 9.
- 4. Gates Methods. You have Vettor in clear line of sight; bring him directly to you. (Roll v. 6)
Success: +1 Concentration SL, unlocks option 2, locks 1 & 3, choose again Failure: choose again
Phase 9: The Return
- 1. Ask Wrynt about his favour.
Automatic: +5 Merit, (add MemoryThe Lizard has been tamed. probably unlocks something), conclude adventure.