|Prerequisites :||College Vernin|
|Begin Date :||Unknown|
|End Date :||Unknown|
|ModTools Name :||The Aultrine Problem|
|Roll Levels :||Unknown|
|Automatic Benefits :||Unknown|
|Possible Benefits :||Unknown|
This is an adventure for Vernin students in which the side effect of a prank requires somewhat extreme actions to overcome. At least 5 Actions are required; a successful adventurer can gain multiple skill-ups, Relationship with Orsi and Briardi, College Merit, and a point of Fitness.
Stage 1: The Ceremony
Phase 1: Hand Against the Stone
1. You're ready to wake up now.
Automatic: Advance to Phase 2.
Phase 2: Your Hand Drenched in Runes
1. Try to relax.
Automatic: Add Keystone of the Wall, access Stage 2.
2. Theory of Enchantment vs 5 at most - Take a good look at your hand.
Success: Add Keystone of the Wall, Orthography +1 SS, access Stage 2. Failure: Add Keystone of the Wall, access Stage 2.
3. Hunting vs 3 - Stay in bed? Relax? Oh no. You're going to have a talk with Rui da Casga.
Success: Add Keystone of the Wall, Intimidation +1 SS, +400 Pims, access Stage 2. Failure: Add Keystone of the Wall, Relationship with Rui da Casga -1, access Stage 2.
Stage 2: The Red Ship
1. Back out.
Automatic: Pause Adventure.
2. Social Skills vs 5 at most - Ask delicately about the ship. Is it likely to be dangerous in some way?
Success: Courage +1 SS (only temporarily), choose again. Failure: ?, choose again.
3. Courage vs 2 at most - This is something that you need to do if you're going to get your hand back to normal. Just get it over with.
Success: Courage +1 SS, access Stage 3. Failure: ?, pause Adventure.
4. Glamour Methods vs 5 - Magically ensure that you're calm and alert and carry on.
Stage 3: Writing on the Wall
1. You don't want to know.
2. Persuasion vs ? - Whatever's going on here, it's important. Tell Bori what just happened, and get him to tell you what he knows.
Success: ?, access Stage 4. Failure: ?
3. Negation Spells vs 12 at most - This forgetfullness has to be the work of some kind of Glamour, right? See if you can wash it off of him.
Success: Negation Methods +1 SS, access Stage 4. Failure: ?
Stage 4: The Collapse
1. Persuasion vs 1-2 - Demand more help than that.
2. Climb vs 7-8 - Make your way down into the pit directly, and see what you can find.
Success: Leadership +1 SS, Courage +1 SS, access Stage 5. Failure: Vitality -2, access Stage 5?
3. Scouting vs 6 at least, 10 at most - Look around through the adjacent buildings - maybe there's a less intimidating route down. (Roll vs 13 at most)
Success: Leadership +1 SS, Courage +1 SS, access Stage 5. Failure: Vitality -2, access Stage 5.
Stage 5: The Prisoner's Choice
Phase 1: Gate or Fly?
1. What about the ship? Is it still functional?
2. Fine. Yes. Gate away.
Automatic: Courage +1 SS, advance to Phase 3.
Phase 2: To Pilot the Red Ship
1. Flawless Timing vs 5 - Don't crash into anything.
Success: Confidence +1 SS Failure: Vitality -2, advance to Phase 3.
Phase 3: Young Eustacio
1. Persuasion vs 4 - Try to talk Eustacio down.
Success: ? Failure: Vitality -1, advance to Phase 4.
2. Incantation Spells vs 9 at most - Professor Briardi's taking care of defense. Bring on the magical attacks!
Success: Concentration +1 SS, Relationship with Polisena Briardi +1, advance to Phase 4. Failure: ?
3. Wrestling vs 5 at least - Get him on the ground and away from his wand before he can cause any more trouble.
Success: ? Failure: Relationship with Polisena Briardi +1, Vitality -1, advance to Phase 4.
Phase 4: The Dragon and the Wall
1. There's a dragon coming. A real one. What can you do?
Automatic: Fitness +1, Relationship with Polisena Briardi +10, Merit +10, remove Keystone of the Wall, conclude Adventure.