|The Mysterious Library Book|
|Prerequisites :||Enrolled in Music, Music Skill ≤ 3|
|Begin Date :||Unknown|
|End Date :||Unknown|
|ModTools Name :||The Master of Music|
|Roll Levels :||Unknown|
|Automatic Benefits :||Unknown|
|Possible Benefits :||Unknown|
In which you can learn to be a better musician…by a book's help, but what of the price? Do you really want a harder exam? Do you?! (You should.)
The adventure takes at least 2 sessions, a successful adventure can gain multiple skill-ups, relationship gains with Professor Chastellain and a new ability.
Unlocked by: Music class, but Music parent skill lower than 4
Stage 1: The Mysterious Library Book
- 1. Borrow it before anyone else takes it!
Automatic: Expand Curiosity +1 SS, access Stage 2, pause Adventure
- 2. Look for another book.
Automatic: Expand Theory of Enchantment +1 SS, access Stage 2', 'pause Adventure
Stage 2: SOS Riddle
- Awareness. Ask Katja Quinnecht. (roll v. 7 at most)
Success: Relationship with Katja Quinnecht +1, go to Phase 2 Failure: +1 Stress, Expand Patience +1 SS, pause Adventure
- Reason. Try to figure out on your own. (roll v. 2)
Success: Expand Puzzles +1 SS, go to Phase 2 Failure: +1 Stress, pause Adventure
- Social Skills. Ask Professor Chastellain for help. What better authority is there than your very own music professor? (roll v. 4)
Success: Relationship with Rieulle Chastellain +1, Expand Puzzles +1 SS, go to Phase 2 Failure: Relationship with Rieulle Chastellain -1, pause Adventure
Phase 2: The Gaelige Gala
- 1. Refuse to follow.
Automatic: Expand Temperance +1 SS, Expand Curiosity -1 SS, pause Adventure
- 2. Patience. Follow the man and do as you're asked. (roll v. 5)
Success: Expand Dedication +1 SS, go to Phase 3 Failure: Expand Patience -1 SS, pause Adventure
- 3. Interrogation. Ask what's going on. (roll v. ~6)
Success: increase Patience +2 SL, choose again Failure: no effect, choose again
Phase 3: The Test
- 1. You don't know, and that's the truth.
Automatic: go to Phase 4b
- 2. Pure Luck. Make a random guess. (roll v. 5)
Success: Expand Composure +1 SS, go to Phase 4a Failure: +1 Stress, end Adventure
- 3. Observation. Give your best answer. (roll v. 3)
Success: Expand Memorization +1 SS, go to Phase 4 Failure: ?
- 4. Beguile. Um, the one you're talking to right now? (roll v. ~5)
Success: ? Failure: +1 Stress, end Adventure
Phase 4a: The Concert
- The Violin.
Automatic: gain Master's Miniature Violin, gain Master of Music, go to Phase 5
- The Lute.
Automatic: gain Master's Miniature Lute, gain Master of Music, go to Phase 5
- The Harpsichord.
Automatic: gain Master's Miniature Harpsichord, gain Master of Music, go to Phase 5
- Character Study. Look at those lips! (roll v. ~3)
Success: ? // Failure: ?Expand Character Study +1 SS, end Adventure
- Violin. The fiddle - you can tell by his fingernails. (roll v. ?)
Success: ? // Failure: ?
Phase 5: The Request
- 1. Well, maybe that's not such a good idea. He might ask questions about this whole Master of Music thing.
Automatic: Expand Theory of Enchantment +1 SS, -10 Pims, conclude Adventure
- 2. Diplomacy. Of course you will! (roll Luck + Diplomacy vs. 6)
Success: Relationship with Rieulle Chastellain +2, conclude Adventure Failure: Relationship with Rieulle Chastellain +1, +1 Stress, conclude Adventure
Master of Music: === +5% chance of success on all Music Performance Actions and Abilities
Master's Miniature Violin/Lute/Harpsichord: